These words are from a Japanese quote on food preparation.

Monday, September 12, 2011

That 'Aliveness' in Fresh Picked Produce

I think there is something more than vitamins in 'just picked' fresh. There's a glow that can be seen and an energy that can be felt. Even if it's just a few herbs and tomatoes, growing your own food is the best.

Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables and is surprisingly good as a salad. All I did for lunch today is wash some kale, walk out and pick few vegetables from the garden, added just a touch of Bragg oil and vinegar and sat in the sunshine and enjoyed. 

My garden isn't the best this year but I found the tiniest beets, carrots, green beans, parsley and tomatoes.

Earlier I had diced a beautiful cantaloupe for a touch of sweet to finish. 

Very simple, so good.




No comments:

Post a Comment